Sunday, 30 March 2014
As a result of Barbara Gray's blog 'One day at a time' I decided to have a go at the gilding flakes and double sided adhesive technique. Although I do not have the allium stamps, I decided to use the large landscape and the boy fishing stamps. I started by stamping the large landscape on the A6 double sided adhesive and then added the image of the boy fishing. I then covered this side with a piece of A6 acetate before adding the variegated green gilding flakes to the back. I then mounted this on some pale brown and brown cardstock before mounting on a piece of Theuva card which I used stonewashed Adirondack and a blending tool to add some colour. I then decided to have a go at some heat embossing and added some reeds and a poppy. This wasn't as successful as I didn't make sure that all the loose bits of embossing powder had gone. I then decided to have a go at the Gelli Plate and added the stamps from the Birdhouse stamp kit.
Saturday, 29 March 2014
Well I should have wrote something on this blog last weekend. Mum phoned me on the Friday and asked if it was too late for me to make a card for my Grandmas's 92nd birthday, of course I send no. So last Saturday was spent making the card. I used the Tonic Daisy punch, Core d'inations card stock, mirror card, Spellbinders trellis die, toppers from the Hunkydory Shimmering Watercolours kit and some Gems.
Sunday, 16 March 2014
Well I have managed to get all the cards finished for this month. A fishing card for my Partner's birthday using the Tonic Studios Baroque Oval Die, Cored'inations cardstock and Anita Designs Topper.