Sunday, 30 March 2014

What a Clarity afternoon!

As a result of Barbara Gray's blog 'One day at a time' I decided to have a go at the gilding flakes and double sided adhesive technique. Although I do not have the allium stamps, I decided to use the large landscape and the boy fishing stamps. I started by stamping the large landscape on the A6 double sided adhesive and then added the image of the boy fishing. I then covered this side with a piece of A6 acetate before adding the variegated green gilding flakes to the back. I then mounted this on some pale brown and brown cardstock before mounting on a piece of Theuva card which I used stonewashed Adirondack and a blending tool to add some colour. I then decided to have a go at some heat embossing and added some reeds and a poppy. This wasn't as successful as I didn't make sure that all the loose bits of embossing powder had gone. I then decided to have a go at the Gelli Plate and added the stamps from the Birdhouse stamp kit.