Sunday 23 August 2015

August Clarity Challenge

Well I have finally got up the courage to enter the Clarity Stamp Challenge. This month the challenge is based on the game of Tic-Tac-Toe. I decided to use the horizontal line, Stencil, Stamp and Grunge Paste. I started by putting grunge paste through the Cracked Box Frame Stencil. Whilst waiting for the Grunge Paste to dry I stamped up a small square of card with the following stamps NDC 102 (Alice), NDC 87 (Pine Forest) and the flowers from the Remountable Home Clear Stamp Set. I used the following Adirondack colours, Espresso, Meadow, Denim, Wild Plum, Butterscotch and Sunset Orange. I started by stamping Alice in Espresso and then masked before stamping the Pine Forest in Meadow. I then added the moon mask and using the cloud mask created the sky with a stencil brush loaded with Denim. The mask was then removed and the sun coloured with Butterscotch and highlighted with Sunset Orange. The meadow area was created using a stencil brush loaded with Meadow. Shadows were then added to the Pine Forest using a cotton bud and Meadow. At this point I removed the Alice mask and stamped the flowers along the bottom in Wild Plum using first, second and third generation. Alice was coloured using the Spectrum Noir pencils. Once completed I ran a black Spectrum Noir pen around the edge. To finish the design I replaced the stencil and using stencil brushes loaded with Denim, Meadow and Wild Plum I inked the grunge paste. In order to create some interest I then rubbed over the grunge paste with some silver Metallic Wax Polish. After trimming the card I then went round the edge with a black Spectrum Noir pen before mounting on a card blank.

No comments:

Post a Comment