Sunday 27 September 2015

Shaped Card - What a challenge?

This months Clarity Challenge was to create a shaped card. Decisions, decisions, what shape should I do? A rocker card or a diamond spring card, so I decided to have a go at both and then see which one I was most happy with. Only problem with this is I am happy with both as they are each so different. After looking at the other great entries I have decided to blog about the rocker card.
The first stage was to cut the various elements to make the card.
Using Sepia Archival and blending tool I created the backgrounds and stamped the poppy on the middle section.
Change of mind at this point as the section stamped with the poppy appeared to stark so I redid this with a Sepia background and then stamped the poppy which was then coloured with Spectrum Noir pencils. Liquid pearls and glossy accents finished this section. The wee folk were stamped in each of the small quarter sections using black archival. Using second generation ink I used a small floral stamp to create the background and then using a Tattered Lace alphabet die I added the word Remembrance. To finish the card I added some ribbon which I coloured with some Sepia Archival to match the rest of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment